We recommend to use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge

Catholic church of St. Cosmas and Damian


Catholic church of St. Cosmas and Damian
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Grodno region., Ostrovets district, Ostrovets

Monument in the style of classicism. Architect August Kosakovsky. It is located on the site of the church and monastery of the Dominicans, built by the magnates Korsaki in 1616-1618. Built in 1785-1787 made of brick, on the site of an ancient wooden church. In 1866, the church was rebuilt as an Orthodox church. The church is functioning. It is a three-nave basilica with a flat altar wall of the presbytery (no apse). All parts of the temple are united in a strict rectangular volume, covered by a common roof. The interior of the temple has ancient icons

Leave feedback

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

*Comments may be used by this site administrators for posting on other web pages after editing.

24.01.2020
BYN
1 EUR
2.3435
1 USD
2.1137
10 PLN
5.5173
-1 — 3°C

+375

220V / 50 Hz

+03:00 (Europe/Minsk)