Fifteen-day visa-free access to Grodno-Brest tourist zone
- Foreign visitors can enter Belarus visa-free if they plan to visit the Grodno-Brest tourist zone visa-free.
- Tourists can enter the visa-free zone in Belarus via 14 international border checkpoints:
automobile checkpoints Brest (Terespol), Bruzgi (Kuznica Bialostocka), Domachevo (Slawatycze), Benyakoni (Salcininkai), Peschatka (Polowce), Privalka (Raigardas);
small border trafic checkpoint Pererov (Bialowieza), Lesnaya (Rudawka), Privalka (Szandubra);
railway border checkpoint Brest (Terespol), Grodno (Kuznica Bialostocka);
Brest Airport border checkpoint, Grodno Airport border checkpoint.
NOTE! Foreign visitors who enter the visa-free travel zone must register with the local police department within five days. As a rule, hotels, farm tourism estates, and health resorts where tourists stay take care of that. Self-employed businessmen who rent apartments to foreigners do that, too.
- This tourism and recreation zone includes popular attractions and biggest cities in the western part of the country, including:
in Brest Region – the city of Brest, Brest District, Zhabinka District, Kamenets District and Pruzhany District;
in Grodno Region – the city of Grodno, Grodno District, Berestovitsa District, Volkovysk District, Voronovo District, Lida District, Svisloch District and Shchuchin District.
- In order to enter the visa-free territory a foreign visitor should possess the document which is issued by Belarusian tourist agency.
- In order to obtain the document a foreign visitor is:
- to address Belarusian travel agency which has the right to issue such documents;
- to receive confirmation approving a foreign traveler’s right to enter Belarus visa-free, and to obtain tourist service which should be booked in advance.
- Before entering Belarus a foreign visitor is to get a health insurance for staying in Belarus.
- A foreign visitor entering Belarus visa-free is to present the following documents at Belarus State Border checkpoint:
- a valid document which allows to cross State Borders of foreign countries (passport);
- the document issued by Belarusian travel agency which allows to enter the above mentioned territories visa-free;
- Health insurance.
When visiting Belarus as part of an organized group, tourists can go beyond the visa-free zone and visit other areas of Brest Oblast and Grodno Oblast, but only if it is part of the planned tour route.