We recommend to use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge

Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker


Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Mostovsky District, Samuilovichi Dolnye Village, 9

The village of Samuilovichi has been known since the 15th century. And the first mention of the church in this place can be found in documents from 1540. It tells about the complaint of the priest of the Samuilovitskaya church of the Holy Savior against the prince, who stole his horse and valuables. Thanks to this prince, we can now know that the wooden church on this site stood already at the beginning of the 16th century and was located in an ancient cemetery.

The village of Samuilovichi changed hands several times: first it belonged to Kazimir Jan Sapieha, then to Yuri Tysengauz, and after his daughter's marriage to Gervasiy Oskerko, it passed to the latter. It was under Gervasiy Oskerko that the church in Samuilovichi became Uniate.

Leave feedback

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

*Comments may be used by this site administrators for posting on other web pages after editing.

20.03.2026
BYN
1 EUR
3.4652
1 USD
3.0184
10 PLN
8.0972
1 — 10°C
небольшой дождь
+375
220V / 50 Hz
+03:00 (Europe/Minsk)
MEDIA LIBRARY